Jesus’ prophetic proclamation of His purpose was not meant strictly for His time. As His ambassadors, we must follow Him, doing only what He hear from the Spirit of the Lord. We can glean some of the divine purposes that the Lord Jesus Christ has for His Church.
- We the Church must rely on the power and leading of the Holy Spirit.
- We the Church must understand that we have been anointed and appointed for a God-ordained task
- We must preach the gospel faithfully
- We must recognize the targets of God’s grace:
1. The poor
2. The brokenhearted
3. The bound
4. The oppressed
E. We must recognize our responsibilities:
1. To preach the Word
2. To bring healing
3. To bring liberation
4. To be agents of recovery and restoration
5. To bring a message of divine favor